viernes, 27 de enero de 2012

We want a green planet

People learn about environmentally friendly practices in different ways. For example, they get enough information in web sites dedicated this topic specifically. Also, people learn through television campaigns, managed by ecological organizations and other by the government.
I have some consciousness of the benefits that recycle the materials but I have incorporated only a few recycling habits indirectly. For example, glass bottles deposited in special containers is outside supermarkets and other public places. Also deposit cell phones and batteries in specially designed boxes for recycling.
In addition, I travel by car very little, since I use public transportation. Also, try to walk every time it is possible, when the journeys are short, or when the routes are a little longer I ride a bike.
Respect to a more active participation, I can say that I have never joined an ecological organization. This is because I've never considered a priority. Joining these organizations requires much time and great commitment. In fact, before I had more important needs.
Actually, my contribution to the care of the environment has been quite limited. Among other things I've done, I can mention that I am used to turning off lights when they are not strictly necessary. On the other hand, if I close either drinking water taps and try to keep them in good condition.
In our society there is very conscious of the damage that modern life is causing the planet. But there is not motivation enough to reverse that situation. There are only isolated movements that fail to become a mass movement, national or global character.
See you.

1 comentario:

  1. you habe all the reason, the society is not motivated with the environmente, see you

    ResponderEliminar